The International Support Team have developed the Welcome Programme to support international students starting at NCI for each intake in January and September. It is designed to ensure students have all the information they need. It is a mix of events to help students settle into college life at NCI and life in Ireland and there are 3 categories of events:
- Know-How: to understand how things work at NCI and in Ireland.
- Meet-Ups: to meet and network with other students.
- Out & About: to get to know Dublin.
One event is mandatory, three are highly recommended and others are optional.
Mandatory - Welcome Meeting
Your welcome meeting is the most important meeting. It is pre-scheduled for you by the international office and mandatory to attend.
Once you confirm you are starting at NCI, by completing the ‘Registration Form’ the international team will schedule your welcome meeting and email you details on when it is scheduled for.
The welcome meeting is hosted by an International Peer Mentor with a small group of new students. The peer mentor will share important information with you about getting started at NCI.
Highly Recommended Meetings
There are three events which we highly recommend you attend:
- Student Life Meeting - the international team will speak in more detail about getting started at NCI, how to succeed in your studies, support systems at NCI, and how to adjust to student life.
- Essentials Meeting - the international team will speak about getting establishing in Ireland, such as registering with immigration, opening a bank account, and working in Ireland.
- Orientation - this event is organised by student services. This is an introduction to the online classroom, IT and library services. All new students will receive and email from firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm dates and time for this event and you can also see the orientation schedule on the NCI website.
In addition to mandatory and highly recommended meetings the International Office have planned a range of optional events for you to attend. We recommend that you join as many events as possible
to inform yourself, meet new friends and get to know Dublin.
Weekly Programme Schedule
The weekly programme with highly recommended and optional events are published on the Starting at NCI section of the NCI website every Monday .