The International Support Team have developed the Welcome Programme to support international students starting at NCI for each intake in January and September. It is designed to ensure students have all the information they need and it is a mix of events to help students settle into college life at NCI and life in Ireland.
One event is pre-scheduled, three are highly recommended and others are optional.
Welcome Meeting - pre-scheduled for all new international students
A welcome meeting is pre-scheduled for all new international students, when they submit their Registration form. Up to three days before the meeting, we send students the time, date and location of their meeting to their personal email address.
The welcome meeting is hosted by an International Peer Mentor with a group of new international students. The welcome meeting / campus tour will take up to 2 hours.
What students can expect at the welcome meeting:
- Meet with International Peer Mentors who are current NCI students or graduates, giving you the opportunity to ask them questions
- Meet with new NCI Students
- Take a campus tour
Within 3 working days after the welcome meeting, international support will email the students their letter to register with immigration. Please note that this is emailed to the student email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three events which we highly recommend you attend:
- Student Life Meeting - the international team will speak in more detail about getting started at NCI, how to succeed in your studies, support systems at NCI, and how to adjust to student life.
- Essentials Meeting - the international team will speak about getting establishing in Ireland, such as registering with immigration, opening a bank account, and working in Ireland.
- Orientation - this event is organised by student services. This is an introduction to the online classroom, IT and library services. All new students will receive and email from email@example.com to confirm dates and time for this event and you can also see the orientation schedule on the NCI website.
A range of optional events are organised that are optional to attend and there are 3 categories of events:
- Know-How: to understand how things work at NCI and in Ireland.
- Meet-Ups: to meet and network with other students.
- Out & About: to get to know Dublin.
We recommend that you join as many events as possible to inform yourself, meet new friends and get to know Dublin.
Weekly Welcome Programme Schedule
The weekly schedule is published every Friday during the programme on the Welcome Programme webpage.