Self enrolment is the method whereby users can choose to enrol themselves into a course, either immediately by clicking "Enrol me in this course" or by typing in an enrolment key they have been given. Let's take a look at how to create a self enrollable page?
1. In your course, click the Participants link from Course navigation
2. Click on the cog symbol on the participants page.
3. From the dropdown select Enrolment methods
4. Click on the "eye" icon next to the Self enrolment (Student) method, when you click the "eye" symbol the line going through it will disappear (has its eye open), you have now activated the self enrollment feature. The "eye" symbol should look like the one beside manual enrollment.
5. The Moodle page will now be self enrollable and when a student has a link to the moodle page then can enrol on the page.
Creating a Key for the self enrollable page
If you wish only a certain group of users to self enrol (and not anyone) then you can set an enrolment key which you then tell them to use when they access the self-enrolment screen.
1. Under the enrolment methods click on the cog beside Self enrolment (Student).
2. Add your enrolment key in the box provided. (Click Unmask to see what you are typing.)
3. Click the 'Save changes' button. Now before the student can enrol on the Moodle course they will be asked to enter the enrollment key.