How do I apply for a bridging visa, as I am progressing from English Language to Higher Education?

Sheila Mahon
Sheila Mahon
  • Updated

Immigration Service Delivery (ISD) announced a bridging visa for English Language students who have successfully completed their 2nd or 3rd English course and who are now progressing into Higher Education.

This bridging visa is for students who need to renew their visa for a few months before they start their studies at NCI. 

The bridging permission is a short term Stamp 2 permission granted until 30th September 2024.  Students must renew their visa again in September after they have started their studies at NCI. 

Full details about the visa are available on the immigration website linked here.

Requirements for eligible students to apply for the bridging visa

  •  An in date IRP card or a card that has expired within one month when applying for the bridging permission;
  • Successfully completed a 3rd English Language course listed on the ILEP or successfully completed a 2nd English Language course listed on the ILEP on or after 1st July;
  • Have enrolled in and paid fees in full for a Higher Education Programme listed on the ILEP.  Note: The NCI Offer letter and Fees receipt meet this requirement.

Apply for a renewal (bridging permission) via their local immigration office if residing outside of Dublin, Meath, Kildare or Wicklow, or via the online portal if residing in Dublin, Meath, Kildare or Wicklow.

See the NCI article 'How do I renew my student visa'.


Was this article helpful?



Please sign in to leave a comment.