If your Irish Residency Permit (IRP) card has any mistakes on it you will need to contact immigration directly.
Common mistakes include;
- Name spelt incorrectly
- Date of birth
- Wrong expiry date (more information below)
- IRP card never received
How to contact immigration
If this was your first time registering with immigration you can contact email@example.com
If this was not your first time registering with immigration you need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The most important things you need to include in the email to immigration are,
- A clear subject line
- Clear and concise description of the problem
- Include full name (as it appears in your passport)
- Date of birth
- Immigration reference number (located on the back of the IRP card)
- Postal address including eircode
- Attach a copy of your immigration letter that international support issued to you
- Attach a picture of your IRP card front and back
Wrong Expiry Date
IRP cards are issued to students with a validity of 12-15 months depending on their course duration and expected graduation.
- Masters programme commencing in September, expected graduation November - Your IRP card should be issued with an expiry of November.
- Undergraduate programme - Your IRP card should be issued September - September. You will need to renew your visa each year. Please see our article on how to renew your student visa.
- January intake for Computing Students, expected graduation Spring - Your IRP card should be issued with an expiry of Spring.
- January start for Business Students, expected graduation November of following year - Your IRP card should be issued for a 12-15 month period and then you will need to pay to renew your student visa.
If your Irish Residency Permit was issued with an earlier expiry date you will need to contact immigration.